2009 has been a fun packed and exciting year.
The NSS Nature Forum is finally up, 2nd print of the butterfly guide is on the way and we have started on a few butterfly trail projects that will come into fruition next year.
Of course the part I enjoyed most is my trips to Fraser’s Hill, Gopeng, Maxwell, Thailand and Kota Kinabalu. Some of the butterfly lifers I observed include :
- Elymnias esaca andersonii – Raub, Nov
- Zeuxidia aurelius aurelius – Ulu Yam, Selangor, Nov
- Danaus affinis malayanus - Kuala Selangor, Nov
- Coelites epiminthia (m) – Bunker Trail, Aug
- Burara etelka – Gopeng, Perak, Jun
- Mooreana trichoneura – Gopeng, Perak, Jun
- Symbrenthia hypatia chersonesia - Fraser’s Hill, April
- Loxura cassiopeia cassiopeia -Fraser’s Hill, April
- Ixias pyrene alticola& - Fraser’s Hill, April
- Lethe vindhya luaba - Fraser’s Hill, March
- Euthalia alpheda langkawica - Fraser’s Hill, March
- Pathysa agetes – Fraser’s Hill, Feb
- Chilasa paradoxa aenigma -f aegialus - Fraser’s Hill, Feb
- Chilasa paradoxa aenigma -f eucyana - Fraser’s Hill, Feb
2010 will be an even more exciting year as there are many interesting projects on the pipeline :
- Develop Singapore Butterfly Trail master plan
- Work on 3 more butterfly trails/gardens
- Launch Orchard Road Butterfly Trail
- Launch NSS caterpillar guide
- Setup NSS butterfly photo checklist
Farewell 2009 and welcome 2010 !