Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This is the season for moth!

This is definitely the season for moths. Over the last few days I have received numerous sms and pm from friends and GCS members asking if I want to adopt moth caterpillars which are defoliating their plants. Yesterday, I spotted 2 hawk moth caterpillars during my morning walk at Clementi Woods Park. Since I am left with 1 skipper caterpillars under my care, this is the perfect time to switch over to rearing moth caterpillars.

I am now rearing 4 hawk moth caterpillars and another very interesting moth caterpillar which I have no idea what it is.

Below are two of the hawk moth caterpillars I am rearing:

1. Psilogramma menephron : It has just changed color and will go into pre-pupa stage very soon.

2. Enpinanga borneensis : It is in its last instar and will go into pre-pupa stage in the next 2 to 3 days.

No comments: